Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Introduction to the Gluten Free Diet and Cooking

Hello!

My name is Amy and I am from Chicago, Illinois. Approximately a year ago in January 2010, my boyfriend Scott was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, meaning his diet, and therefore my cooking have been altered.

I have loved to cook and bake since I was a little girl, so I immediately gained an interest in gluten-free cooking and baking. I follow several blogs, have read a few books and articles, and have certainly done my fair share of experimenting with gluten-free ingredients. Also, I try to do as much research as I can so that I can still shop at regular grocery stores for gluten free ingredients.

I finally decided I should start my own blog, since I have so much to share on this topic. I plan to write about cooking/baking gluten free, recipes, substitutes, recipe alterations, restaurants, and grocery items that I find along the way. I hope to make it easier for people who are new to the diet!

Thanks so much for reading!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, welcome to the gluten-free blogging world. I write a gf blog as well at www.glutenfreecat.com. I look forward to getting to know you. I know Chicago well as I went to college at Wheaton. Have you been to DaLuciano's yet? That's my favorite gf Italian restaurant in the Chicago area.

    ReplyDelete